Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Banana Wine Recipe

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

BANANA WINE 

4 1/2 lb. bananas

1/2 lb. chopped golden raisins

3 lb. granulated sugar

1 lemon (juice only)

1 orange (juice only)

1 gallon water

wine yeast and nutrient

Peel and chop bananas and their peels, placing both in grain-bag and tie closed. Place grain-bag in large pan or boiler with water and bring to boil, then gently simmer for 30 minutes. Pour the hot liquor over sugar and lemon/orange juice in primary fermentation vessel and stir to dissolve sugar. When cool enough to handle, squeeze grain-bag to extract as much liquid as possible and add to vessel. When liquor cools to 70 degrees F., add yeast and nutrient. Cover and set aside in warm place one week, stirring daily. Move to a cooler place (60-65 degrees F.) and allow to sit undisturbed for two months. Siphon liquor off sediment into secondary fermentation vessel, add chopped raisins, and fit airlock. Rack after four months and again in another four months. Bottle and sample after six months. Improves with age. 


  , ,


Ads by AdGenta.com

Powered By Qumana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this recipe! I made a banana wine recently but it was quite a different recipe: http://www.whatwouldjesusbrew.org/2008/04/banana-wine/

Your post has clarified a few things that should improve my next batch. And hopefully my first lot will be better if I leave it a while as you suggest.

Trenchfoot
www.whatwouldjesusbrew.org

Anonymous said...

How interesting. I have made wine for years and don't think I would have ever thought about making banana wine. I'm going to give this one a try. If it turns out good, I hope you don't mind if I post it in the recipes section of my website. I'll credit you of course.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP